Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pastel Still Life Project

To plan my composition I knew I wanted there to be a view of every object I was using and I knew what formation I wanted everything to be in. Before I started any major part of the project I drew a few thumbnail sketchs. A thumbnail sketch is a small quick sketch for a piece of art work. The viewfinder did not help me as much as I expected but it did show me that I wanted to do my pastel horizontally instead of vertically. To make my items appear three dimensional I made colors more dark where the light was not hitting as much and I included white on parts where the light was hitting. To create a light source I made sure I included value so you could see where it was coming from. This project was quite challenging because pastels are hard to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment