Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ceramics Project


To complete my ceramic project we practiced drawing radial designs, soon after we picked out bowls that we wanted our project to take the form of. The medium of my project was clay, and it was quite easy to work with. The size was roughly 11in by 4.5in. The design element that was stressed during the construction was shape, texture, and form. The technique that was used was slab, where you roll it until it is the desirable size. My piece serves as a function, it is used to hold everyday items such as keys, pens, and other things of that nature. To create a design for my project I thought about my skill level and what I would want to create. I learned the stages of clay, how to work with it, and how to make it become the way it is. If I were able to change this project I would not because I like the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment